About MSU Library Digital Initiatives Department
MSU Library Digital Initiatives Mission
MSU Library Digital Initiatives serves as the catalyst for the creation, management, and delivery of digital content in support of the MSU Library mission and strategic goals. Digital Initiatives provides storage and dissemination of digital objects including: static images, text, audio, and video in various digital manifestations and combinations.
The MSU Library provides the web presence for the digital collections, as well as the preservation storage, backup and technical support for all digital content accepted into or developed by the Library.
If you need more information about MSU Library Digital Initiatives, or you want to partner with us on a MSU Library digital project, please contact us.
MSU Library Digital Initiatives Purpose
- Provides a stable, scalable, and sustainable platform for the management of long-term storage and delivery of MSU scholarly and educational digital content.
- Builds digital collections of unique scholarly materials for a wider dissemination to both campus faculty and students and other academic libraries or educational outreach repositories.
- Organizes and provides tools for easy identification and navigation of digital content, both locally created and commercially licensed.
- Expands accessibility to MSU Library and Archive materials as well as relevant MSU program materials to a wider academic and educational outreach audience.
- Creates compatible formats for valuable teaching and reseach materials to be accessible using university instructional technology tools.
- Educates faculty, librarians, and other staff in the creation and effective use of digital content.
- Range, agricultural, and ecosystem sciences of the region
- Prominent figures and events that shaped the region
- Indigenous cultures of the region
- Ecosystem and history of the greater Yellowstone Park and region
- MSU, Montana, and regional histories
- Regional Range, Agricultural, and Ecosystem Sciences
- Regional Native Peoples
- Regional Fish and Wildlife
- Yellowstone National Park and Ecosystem
- Trout and Salmonid
- Montana State University, Bozeman, Gallatin Valley, Montana