The Innovative Learning Studio (ILS) is a collaborative and flexible space that can be used for a variety of group activities such as presentations, classes, group study, workshops, and training sessions. The ILS is located in the southwest corner of the 1st floor and is accessible via the ramp or lift.
Capacity: Maximum of 35, depending on configuration.
- Master station with built-in PC computer
- Screen sharing technology from personal devices
- 3 projectors
- 2 digital monitors (52-in)
- Video conferencing camera
- Wall-to-wall white boards
- Instructional laptops for student use (20 Dell laptops)
- Flexible furniture: round & rectangular, movable (non-fixed) tables. 12 total.
- 35 folding chairs
The Heathcote Classroom is a computer lab designed for hands-on instruction and can be used for a variety of group activities such as presentations, classes, workshops, and training sessions. Located in the basement of the library, the Heathcote classroom is accessible via the public elevator.
Capacity: 28 computer workstations plus 1 instructor station
- 28 desktop computers, networked
- Presenting podium with screen sharing technology from personal devices
- 1 projector
- 2 large white boards
- Lapel microphone
- Video Conferencing Camera
What you can use classrooms for?
The library classrooms are instructional spaces that can be used for a variety of activities such as presentations, workshops, training sessions, or other MSU-related events. These classrooms are not intended for semester-long use.
Who can use it?
Due to the nature of the technologies in the classrooms, activities that are part of course instruction have priority for these spaces, although it may be open for use by any MSU-affiliated group with an instructional purpose, if the room is otherwise not scheduled and if the use is approved in advance.
Reserving a Classroom
This room must be reserved through the library here, and all requests are reviewed based on use guidelines. You will receive an email notification about the status of your classroom reservation request after review of the request. Reservations function on a rolling 45 day reservation window. For reservation requests past 45 days, please contact Nicholas.Padalino@montana.edu.
How to Reserve a Classroom in the MSU Library
- Click on the green time slot for the space you want to reserve using the calendar grid. (You may be asked to log in using your NetID and password if not already logged in.)
- If you need a reservation for longer than 1 hour, use the dropdown menu directly below the grid to choose when the reservation ends (up to 4 hours.)
- Click the Reserve These Times button.
- Read and agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Fill out the required questions on the form
- Click the Submit My Reservation button
- Your reservation will then be approved or denied by the library, and you will receive an email confirming your reservation or informing you of the reason for denial.