The Library Classroom (Heathcote)
The Heathcote Classroom (pronounced "HETH cutt") is a computer lab designed for hands-on instruction and can be used for a variety of activities such as presentations, classes, workshops, and training sessions. Located in the basement of the library, the Heathcote classroom is accessible via the public elevator.
Capacity: 28 computer workstations plus 1 instructor station
- 28 desktop computers, networked
- Instructor computer at podium - Requires NetID login and password OR Visitor login (provided)
- Presenting podium with screen sharing technology from personal devices
- 1 projector
- 2 large white boards
- Lapel microphone
- Video conferencing camera
What you can use the library's Heathcote classroom for?
The library classroom is an instructional space that can be used for a variety of activities such as presentations, workshops, training sessions, or other MSU-related events. Reservations can be made for single events, or multiple events upon approval.
- This classroom is not intended for semester-long use therefore cannot be reserved for an entire semester for professors looking for alternative classroom space. If you are a professor looking to move to a different classroom for an entire semester, please read this information provided by the Registrar: https://www.montana.edu/registrar/ClassroomReservations.html
- Other spaces on campus may be reserved via the Registrar's scheduling system: https://www.montana.edu/registrar/classroom_scheduling.html
Who can use it?
Due to the nature of the technologies in the classroom, activities that are part of course instruction have priority, although it may be open for use by any MSU-affiliated group with an instructional purpose if the room is otherwise not scheduled and if the use is approved in advance.
Reserving a Classroom
Users must reserve the classroom online and all requests are reviewed based on use guidelines. You will receive an email notification about the status of your classroom reservation request after review of the request.
Same day reservations for the classroom are not available due to the need for enough time for each request to be individually reviewed (and approved/denied). Once a reservation request is made, it will be reviewed to verify it meets classroom guidelines before being approved or denied. You can expect a response to your request within two business days.
Reservations function on a rolling 45 day reservation window. For reservation requests past 45 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Reserve a Classroom in the MSU Library
- Click on the green time slot for the space you want to reserve using the calendar grid. (You may be asked to log in using your NetID and password if not already logged in.)
- If you need a reservation for longer than 1 hour, use the drop-down menu directly below the grid to choose when the reservation ends (up to 4 hours.)
- Click the Reserve These Times button.
- Read and agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Fill out the required questions on the form
- Click the Submit My Reservation button
- Your reservation will then be approved or denied by the library, and you will receive an email confirming your reservation or informing you of the reason for denial.