ADA Access & ServicesMontana State University is committed to affording students, faculty, staff, and visitors with disabilities the opportunity to participate in the university's academic and non-academic activities by providing access and reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to assure access. MSU Libraries provides access and services in support of this goal.
Physical Access in the Buildings
Renne Library Facilities
- The entrance doors are accessible and powered.
- The public elevator is accessible to all floors and services.
- Public computers are available primarily on the first and second floors. The first floor includes one accessible computer.
- There is a ramp from the main level through Heathcote Court to first floor. The ramp is located to the left of and behind The Brewed Awakening coffee bar.
- A lift is available in the main lobby for access to the first floor and the Reference area.
- Restrooms are on the second and third floors and in the basement.
- Workshops and classes are held in the Library classroom is the basement. It is accessible via the elevator and has two accessible computers.
- MAGic Screen-Magnification Software: This will magnify computer screen content 1x to 16x it's original image size. This is available in the following locations:
- Reference offers assistance in library research, citations, online searching, locating materials, and use of adaptive technology.
- Circulation (in Main Lobby) offers assistance in retrieving materials.
- Spain-Sedivy Resource Center (basement) has three scanner/readers for the visually impaired. Additionally, they have a microfiche reader that is wheel-chair accessible.
- Group Study Rooms are available for student use.
- Interlibrary Loan ILL) can get items from other libraries.
For more information about accessibility around campus, including a campus map, see Access for People with Disabilities.