ADA Access & ServicesMontana State University is committed to affording students, faculty, staff, and visitors with disabilities the opportunity to participate in the university's academic and non-academic activities by providing access and reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to assure access. MSU Libraries provides access and services in support of this goal.
Physical Access in the Buildings
Renne Library Facilities
- The entrance doors are accessible and powered.
- The public elevator is accessible to all floors and services.
- Public computers are available primarily on the first and second floors. The first floor includes one accessible computer.
- There is a ramp from the main level through Heathcote Court to first floor. The ramp is located to the left of and behind The Brewed Awakening coffee bar.
- A lift is available in the main lobby for access to the first floor and the Research Center.
- Restrooms are on the second and third floors and in the basement.
- Workshops and classes are held in the Library classroom is the basement. It is accessible via the elevator and has two accessible computers.
- Two manually adjustable tables with computers on the first floor.
- One manually adjustable table on the first floor at the top of the ramp.
- One motorized adjustable table on the first floor at the top of the ramp.
- For items we do not own: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) will obtain these for you from other libraries.
- MAGic Screen-Magnification Software: This will magnify computer screen content 1x to 16x it's original image size. This is available in the following locations:
- 1st floor: Two computers near the Research Center
- All public computers are installed with the following Microsoft Accessibility software: Windows Magnifier, Narrator, On-screen keyboard.
- A book magnifier is located on the 4th Floor.
- The Research Center offers assistance in library research, citations, online searching, locating materials, and use of adaptive technology.
- Circulation (in Main Lobby) offers assistance in retrieving materials.
- Group Study Rooms are available for student use.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can get items from other libraries.
For more information about accessibility around campus, including a campus map, see Access for People with Disabilities.