Naxos Music Library
What is it? Naxos Music Library is a comprehensive collection of classical music available online. Currently, it offers over 2,545,075 tracks* of fine recorded music. It includes the complete catalogs of independent labels such as BIS, Capriccio, Chandos, Hänssler, Hungaroton, Marco Polo, Naxos, Ondine and selected titles of other independent labels like Harmonia Mundi, Naïve, Supraphon, VOX as well as major labels including Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Warner Classics, Warner Classics – Parlophone (ex-EMI catalog) and Sony Classical. Over 600 albums are added monthly. *Naxos Historical, Nostalgia and Jazz Legends are not available in the United States due to possible copyright restrictions.The MSU Library’s subscription to Naxos Music Library allows for up to two simultaneous users.
- Find music by composer, artist, period, year of composition, featured instrument or category.
- Playlists can be created easily for educational use or enjoyment.
- Composer biographies, CD liner notes, work analyses, interactive dictionary on music terms and glossary, guided tours to different music eras and study guides are just a few of the text resources available to users.
- New releases of hundreds of labels on the service are added each month.
Why use it? Streaming classical music library with audio from Naxos and other labels
Access: Available on networked computers on the MSU campus in Bozeman and via the proxy server. Two simultaneous users.
Vendor: Naxos Digital Library
Subjects: Music, Music Core
- Related Databases:
- Oxford Music Online
- IPA Source
- Classical Scores Library
- AES (Audio Engineering Society) E-Library
Total interactions: 1297
Rank: 208 out of 309 databases
Rating: 2 out of 5 (based on 1297 out of 2150205 total interactions with all of our databases)
Last updated: 2023-11-21 12:29:48
Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT) & Accessibility Statements: Accessibility Statement