Printing, Copying, and Scanning in the Library
Specialty Printing Services
- Specialty Printing Currently Unavailable.
On a library computer, log in with your NetID and password.
- Visitors: Follow the instructions on the computer monitor to log in using a visitor account
Select "Print" in the program you are using
- Black and white
- MSU B/W Printing
- Library Color Printing
- Black and white
To Pay for your Print Job with CatCard:
B&W: Six stations on the 1st floor & one station on each of the other floors.Color: Station is located on the North side of 1st floor.
- Go to any nearby print station in the library
* If you logged in with your NetID, it will appear in the owner column.
- Swipe Cat Card.
- Select your document(s) from on-screen list .
To Pay for your Print Job with Cash:Credit & Debit cards accepted for amounts over $5.00.
- Click Print .
- Your document will print at the adjacent printer.
- Go to Cash Print station located at the Borrow Desk (front desk).
- Select your document from on-screen list
- Click Print.
- Staff will accept your payment and give you the document(s).
Make sure you are connected to the MSU Secure Network
- While connected to MSU-Secure Wi-Fi, click on the “Go” menu in the top menu then click on “Connect to Server…” in the list which appears
2. In the field, type the file loocation below and click connect smb://cicada.msu.montana.edu/Pharos_Package_Installers
3. Enter your NetID username and NetID password in the next screen when prompted.
4. The "Pharos_Package_Installers" folders will open automatically. Locate and run the macOS Black and White.dmg file to install the printer
5. Allow a few minutes for the installation to complete, then you are ready to print to the "BlackandWhite" print queue!
1. While connected to MSU-Secure Wi-Fi, open File Explorer and click on the field in the top of the window (it will be pre-filled with the name/path of whatever folder you have open.)
2. In the field, type \\cicada.msu.montana.edu
3. In the folder that opens, double-click the folder called Pharos_Package_Installers
“MSU B/W Printing” and “Library Color Printing”
Black & White printing: Students taking 7 or more credits receive $7.50 for black & white printing on the CatCards each semester. This balance cannot be used for color printing.
Color printing: The library has one color printer that accepts CatCard payments. The $7.50 for black & white printing does not work for color printing. CatCards must be loaded with additional funds.
The library has Black & White and Color cash printing stations available located at the Service Desk on the 1st floor.
Black & White
Black & White
Single & Double sided
|CatCard||.03¢/ side||.05¢/ sheet||.50¢/ side|
|Cash*||.05¢/ side||.10¢/ sheet||.50¢/ side|
*We accept Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for transactions over $5.00.
The library has different types of scanners available for public use:
- 2 KIC Scanners for easy scanning
- 5 flatbed scanners for higher quality scans
- 1 flatbed scanner with an automatic document feeder for large stacks of loose-leaf paper
- 2 Microfilm readers & scanners (4th floor)
Scanning is free in the library, while printing costs still apply.
The library has one black & white copy machine on the 1st of the library. Patrons can pay with cash or CatCards loaded with additional funds.
Copies cost .10¢ per page.
Locations of equipment
At the Service Desk
- 8.5" x 11" black & white printer and color printer
- 8.5" x 14" and 11" x 17" black & white and color printer
- 24" x 36" and 36" x 48" black & white and color map plotter/copier/scanner
1st Floor Library
- 2 book scanning stations
- 4 flatbed scanners
- 6 black & white printers
- 1 Color printers
- 2 audiovisual stations with headphones compatible with DVD, VHS, CD, and cassette
On other floors
- 2 microform readers, with printing and scanning capabilities on 4th floor
- Scanner/reader for the visually impaired on 4th floor
- 2 flatbed scanners on 4th floor
- Black & white printers on each floor
For other printing services on campus, visit Blank Canvas Creative.