Printing, Copying, and Scanning in the Library
Specialty Printing Services
- Specialty Printing Currently Unavailable.
On a library computer, log in with your NetID and password.
- Visitors: Follow the instructions on the computer monitor to log in using a visitor account
Select "Print" in the program you are using
- Black and white
- MSU B/W Printing
- Library Color Printing
- Black and white
To Pay for your Print Job with CatCard:
B&W: Six stations on the 1st floor & one station on each of the other floors.Color: Station is located on the North side of 1st floor.
- Go to any nearby print station in the library
* If you logged in with your NetID, it will appear in the owner column.
- Swipe Cat Card.
- Select your document(s) from on-screen list .
To Pay for your Print Job with Cash:Credit & Debit cards accepted for amounts over $5.00.
- Click Print .
- Your document will print at the adjacent printer.
- Go to Cash Print station located at the Borrow Desk (front desk).
- Select your document from on-screen list
- Click Print.
- Staff will accept your payment and give you the document(s).
Make sure you are connected to the MSU Secure Network
- While connected to MSU-Secure Wi-Fi, click on the “Go” menu in the top menu then click on “Connect to Server…” in the list which appears
2. In the field, type: smb://cicada.msu.montana.edu/Pharos_Package_Installers
and then click the Connect button.
3. Enter your msu\NetID username and NetID password in the next screen when prompted, and then click the Connect button.
4. The "Pharos_Package_Installers" folders will open automatically. Locate and run the macOS Black and White.dmg file to install the printer.
5. Allow a few minutes for the installation to complete, then you are ready to print to the "BlackandWhite" print queue!
1. While connected to MSU-Secure Wi-Fi, open File Explorer and click on the field in the top of the window (it will be pre-filled with the name/path of whatever folder you have open.)
2. In the field, type \\cicada.msu.montana.edu
3. Enter your msu/NetID username and NetID password in the next screen whem prompted.
4. In the folder that opens, double-click the folder called Pharos_Package_Installers
“MSU B/W Printing” and Library Color Printing”
Black & White printing: Students taking 7 or more credits receive $7.50 for black & white printing on the CatCards each semester. This balance cannot be used for color printing.
Color printing: The library has one color printer that accepts CatCard payments. The $7.50 for black & white printing does not work for color printing. CatCards must be loaded with additional funds.
The library has Black & White and Color cash printing stations available located at the Service Desk on the 1st floor.
Black & White
Black & White
Single & Double sided
|CatCard||.03¢/ side||.05¢/ sheet||.50¢/ side|
|Cash*||.05¢/ side||.10¢/ sheet||.50¢/ side|
*We accept Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for transactions over $5.00.
The library has different types of scanners available for public use:
- 2 KIC Scanners for easy scanning
- 5 flatbed scanners for higher quality scans
- 1 flatbed scanner with an automatic document feeder for large stacks of loose-leaf paper
- 2 Microfilm readers & scanners (4th floor)
Scanning is free in the library, while printing costs still apply.
The library has one black & white copy machine on the 1st of the library. Patrons can pay with cash or CatCards loaded with additional funds.
Copies cost .10¢ per page.
Locations of equipment
At the Service Desk
- 8.5" x 11" black & white printer and color printer
1st Floor Library
- 2 book scanning stations
- 4 flatbed scanners
- 6 black & white printers
- 1 Color printers
- 2 audiovisual stations with headphones compatible with DVD, VHS, CD, and cassette
On other floors
- 2 microform readers, with printing and scanning capabilities on 4th floor
- Scanner/reader for the visually impaired on 4th floor
- 2 flatbed scanners on 4th floor
- Black & white printers on each floor
For other printing services on campus, visit Blank Canvas Creative.