A team of faculty reference librarians specializing in information science and diverse subject areas provides information, instruction, and guidance on retrieving all types of information. We help with the use of all library resouces and technology, while promoting information literacy and enabling lifelong learning. We serve the MSU community, the citizens of Montana, and others. Talk with us at the Reference Desk (located on the first floor of the Renne Library) or contact us via telephone, text, email, chat, IM, or by appointment.
Contact us now!
Text Us! Send question to 1-406-219-1060. See details.
Make an Appointment for a RAP (Research Assistance Program)
- AOL (AIM): msureflibrarian
- Google Talk: msubzreflibrarian
- Yahoo! Messenger: msubzreflibrarian
- MSN Messenger: email@example.com
Come in: The Reference Desk is on the main floor of the Library
Fax: 406-994-2851 (Attn: Reference)
Mail: MSU Library Reference Desk
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT 59717-3320
Services in the Reference Area
- Live, one-on-one personalized assistance at the reference desk and through our Research Assistance Program
- Computers with access to Internet and all online library resources, along with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and access to student Z drives
- Laser printers (250 free pages each semester on your Cat Card)
- The latest dictionaries, encyclopedias, directories, handbooks, atlases, and many other print sources for statistical, bibliographic, and background information
Who are we?
See our list of reference librarians
It may take us a few minutes to respond.
Please be patient. Or at least leave
an email address, and we'll respond later.