Accessibility Policy for Library Electronic Resources
The MSU Library is committed to ensuring the electronic resources we purchase or subscribe to from third-party providers are accessible to everyone. For more information, read our full Accessibility Policy for Library Electronic Resources.
The MSU Library Collections Access & Technical Services Department connects and serves our community by obtaining, maintaining, and providing access to information resources. See more information on our Information Access page. You can also submit an accessibility request if you need library materials in a different format.
Library Digital Accessibility Commmittee (L-DAC)
Montana State University is ramping up its efforts to make its resources and services more accessible to all individuals. In Fall 2018, the library created a digital accessibility committee to oversee and communicate efforts across the library to increase the accessibility of our digital library resources.
The library digital accessibility committee supports the Library Strategic Plan Objective 1.1, "Users will...interact with a welcoming and responsive physical and digital library environment” and Objective 2.1, "We will...create useful, dynamic, and accessible digital and physical spaces."
To increase accessibility of digital library resources, by May 31, 2021, the library will make efforts to establish the following:
- New library web content published in the campus CMS platform will be accessible from the point of creation
- Existing library content on all webpages in the campus CMS platform will be made accessible when the content is updated
- Increased accessibility of library content outside of the campus CMS platform including Digital Collections and ScholarWorks platforms
- Develop Accessibility Policy for Library Electronic Resources
- Service for patrons to submit an accesssibility request to get library content ina more accessible format, on demaind
See our helpful links for Guidelines & Resources for Creating Accessible Content, on our Accessibility Resources page.