Graphic Design & Administrative Student Assistant
We are not accepting applications at this time.
MSU Library seeks a creative student assistant with a strong graphic design background to work with the administrative staff six to 15 hours per week.
Primary job responsibilities include graphic design projects and social media content creation. Other responsibilities include assisting staff with outreach and events.
- Using graphic design software to create posters, invitations, and other materials.
- Creating graphics and messaging for library social media. Willingness to interact directly with others (Library staff, students, the public, campus departments, and so forth.) to create this content.
- Assisting with library events and outreach efforts including the Conversations on Collecting Yellowstone conference.
- Occasionally complete general administrative tasks such as collecting and distributing mail, stocking supplies, and so forth.
- Hours are flexible between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Evening hours for events are required on occasion.
The position may run through mid-June to help with final preparation for the Conversations on Collecting Yellowstone conference. Students graduating in spring 2022 are not eligible to work as a student employee after commencement.
- Experience with graphic design software, preferably InDesign.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with social media
The successful candidate will:
- be self-motivated
- be able to manage simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- work independently as well as part of a team
- remain flexible in the case of changing priorities
- Students returning to work at the library for a second year will receive a $0.25/hour raise.
Email a resume, cover letter, and three graphic design samples to Ann Vinciguerra,
Events and Communications Manager at MSU Library, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are interested in Position One or Two. (See the Positions Available
Feel free to reach out if there are questions email@example.com or 406-994-6857.