Photography Library Instruction
For MTA 344 and MTA 345
by Greg Notess
Selected Internet Resources
While the Internet contains a great deal of unique and interesting resources, copyrighted periodical articles and books are rarely freely available on the Net. Commercial indexes such as the Art Index are also not typically freely available online.
The Internet can be a rich source for information on digital photography or other current computer technologies related to photography.
- Online PhotoWeb includes sections on photographic products, commercial photography, photojournalism, imaging software, and more
- Bengt's Photo Page covers exhibitions, documents, mailing lists, newsgroups, and more
- Yahoo!'s Photography Section covers many areas (look under Photographers/Masters for some information on a few famous photographers)
These are located in the reference area in Renne library
|The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography
Encyclopedia of Practical Photography (Kodak, 14 vols., 1977)
|Ref TR9.F6 1993 |
| American Photographers : An Illustrated Who's Who
Among Leading Contemporary American
Macmillan Biographical Encyclopedia of
Photographic Artists & Innovators
|Ref TR139.K73 1989|
Ref TR139.B767 1983
Ref TR139.C66 1982
|Photography Index: A Guide to Reproductions
Photography Books Index: A Subject Guide to Photo Anthologies
Use these for finding specific photographs by subject or
Readers' Guide Abstracts
OVID Library Indexes
- Use a subject search for works about a photographer. Search last name first.
- To find works by a photographer, search last name first with an author search.
- Serendipity: Browse in the TRs in reference and in the stacks (4th floor) and also check Reserves.
Find Articles on Ovid
Try all three indexes listed above. Search by the name of the photographer as well as by broader photography terms. These indexes cover journals that we have as well as ones that
For more information
about the library and its services, the MSU-Bozeman Libraries' Web Site for
Last Updated on 9/19/96