Research and Instruction Services
A team of faculty research and instruction librarians specializing in information science and diverse subject areas provides information, instruction, and guidance on retrieving all types of information. We help with the use of all library resources and technology, while promoting information literacy and enabling lifelong learning. We serve the MSU community, the citizens of Montana, and others. Talk with us at the Research Center Desk (located on the first floor of the Renne Library) or contact us via telephone, text, email, chat,or by appointment.
- Live, one-on-one personalized assistance at the Research Center Desk and through our Research Consultation Program
- Computers with access to Internet and all online library resources, along with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and access to student Z drives
- Laser printers (250 free pages each semester on your CatCard)
- The latest dictionaries, encyclopedias, directories, handbooks, atlases, and many other print sources for statistical, bibliographic, and background informatio
- Research Consultations one-on-one consultation sessions are available by appointment
Collaborate with librarians to improve your or your students' research and information skills. The Library provides a wide range of instructional services to help you and your students. We offer instruction sessions to help students learn to use library resources. Sessions introduce students to library databases, library research, source evaluation, as well as in-depth instruction for advanced users. For more, see the library instruction mission statement.
Create an Effective Library Assignment create an assignment using library resources that works well for students
Online Tutorials video demonstrations of library databases, the catalog, and other resources
Come and see us! The Research Center Desk is on the main floor of the Library
Phone us! 1-406-994-3171
Chat with us! See chat box at left
Text Us! Send question via SMS to 406-962-0756. See details.
Make an appointment! Appointment for a research consultation
Fax: 406-994-2851 (Attn: Research Desk)
Mail: MSU Library Research Center Desk
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT 59717-3320