Library Service Updates
Due to Montana's Stay at Home Directive, all Library staff are working remotely. No on site services are available in Renne Library.
Assistance continues to be available online.
In order to respect social distancing and help protect public health, the MSU Library building is closed until further notice. The Library will continue to support the information needs of our students, faculty, and staff in an online environment by focusing on the following:
- Continuing to provide access to electronic resources and other materials online
- Continuing to provide online reference and research support
- Delivering online services for Special Collections and Archives
- Maintaining the library’s website
- Supporting MSU faculty, staff, and students in remote teaching and learning
- Ask the Library:http://ask.lib.montana.edu/
- Offers an online chat feature and other ways to contact the library.
- Ask the Library email contact form: https://www.lib.montana.edu/forms/email.html
- Text Us! @ 406-962-0756
- Request book and audio-visual materials loans - Loans of physical items are temporarily suspended for the duration of the Stay at Home Directive.
- Interlibrary loans (ILL) - Electronic interlibrary loan of items currently available in digital format will continue. Delivery of items requiring scanning will be suspended. Physical interlibrary loan is suspended.
- MSU Library Special Collections - Special Collections has switched to an online-only service mode.
All requests for service can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Return Physical Items, Due Dates, and Fines -
The book drop at the front doors of the library building will remain in place, and we will be accepting returns of physical items there. Returned items will be quarantined.
You may also mail your items back to the library:
U.S. Mail: Montana State University Library, P.O. box 173320, Bozeman, MT 59717-3320.
UPS or FedEx: Montana State University Library, 144 Renne Library, Centennial Mall, Bozeman, MT 59717-3320.
Due dates for many items are being extended and we will be waiving overdue fines that accrue for items specifically due during this period (including items requested via Interlibrary Loan) for the duration of the building closure.
During this time of uncertainty we remain committed to helping faculty, staff, and students access and apply information. Below are links to library resources to help users with off-site access.
- Using and discovering library resources: https://www.lib.montana.edu/services/information-access/discover/
- CatSearch, MSU Library's discovery platform that provides a single access point to most of the Library's collections: https://guides.lib.montana.edu/catsearch-help
- Accessing library resources while off campus: https://www.lib.montana.edu/services/information-access/discover/off-campus-access/
- NEW! Library Research and Instruction Guide, containing timely information to assist with faculty and student access to library resources during the transition to online learning: https://guides.lib.montana.edu/libraryresearch
- Discover library resources with Google Scholar & across the web: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglVycqALN4&feature=emb_logo
- Online resources: https://www.lib.montana.edu/resources/
- Online resource shortcut: https://www.lib.montana.edu/online-resources-shortcut/
- Montana Library 2 Go, offering many resources including eBooks:https://guides.lib.montana.edu/Library2Go
- New York Times:https://guides.lib.montana.edu/ny-times
- Acoustic Atlas: relieve stress by taking some time to listen to the sounds of nature at the Acoustic Atlas
Please contact us for more information.