Public Documents Masterfile
What is it? Public Documents Masterfile includes citations for federal government documents with SuDocs numbers including full bibliographic records for GPO documents after July 1976 and selected other sources. Citations and subject index entries from Poore's, Hickcox and the GPO Monthly Catalog.
Citations come from the following sources:
- Indexes to the GPO Monthly Catalog 1895-1976 including page or entry numbers.
- GPO shelflist records 1789-1976, including SuDocs numbers.
- Poore's Descriptive Catalog of the Government Publications of the United States 1774-1881.
- Hickcox's Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications 1885-1894. (forthcoming as of 01/2006)
- Ames' Comprehensive Index to the Publications of the United States Government 1881-1893.
- Sessional Indexes to the Annals of Congress 1789-1824. (predecessor to the Congressional Record)
- Sessional Indexes to the Register of Debates of the United States Congress 1824-1837. (predecessor to the Congressional Record)
- Sessional Indexes to the Congressional Globe 1837-1973. (predecessor to the Congressional Record) (forthcoming)
Why use it? Citations to U.S. government publications
Access: Available on networked computers on the MSU campus in Bozeman and via the proxy server. Unlimited simultaneous users.
Subjects: Government Information, Political Science
Last updated: 2014-10-24 07:27:46 by