The Forum Event
The Forum event was held on the campus of Montana State University in Bozeman, MT from September 12-14, 2018. This three-day event formed the centerpiece of the project.
We have also held satellite events and presentations at ALA Annual in June 2018, the 2018 DLF Forum, the Fall 2018 CNI Membership Meeting, the Spring 2019 CNI Membership Meeting, and the 2019 Code4Lib Conference., and ALA Annual 2019.
The forum supports the development of new strategies for achieving privacy today. Outputs include a white paper that articulates a roadmap forenhancing our analytics practice in support of privacy, and an action handbook that provides resources and best practices to guide libraries in implementing privacy-focused web analytics.
- Project Director — Scott W. H. Young, User Experience & Assessment Librarian at Montana State University
- Co-Director — Sara Mannheimer, Data Librarian at Montana State University
- Co-Director — Jason A. Clark, Head of Special Collections and Library Informatics at Montana State University
- Project Analyst — Lisa Hinchliffe, Professor/Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction in the University Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Forum Facilitator, Jacqueline Frank, Instruction & Technology Librarian at Montana State University
This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, through grant # LG-73-18-0100-18.The IMLS is the primary source of federal support for the nation’s libraries and museums. They advance, support, and empower America’s museums, libraries, and related organizations through grantmaking, research, and policy development. Their vision is a nation where museums and libraries work together to transform the lives of individuals and communities. To learn more, visit www.imls.gov.