Computers & Software
Hardware & Operating Systems
- Public access computers are all equiped with:
- Windows XP SP 3
- CD-RW/DVD+/-R drives
- For software, please see FAQ
Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Printing: Each semester, students are automatically credited with $7.50 free printing on their CatCard. Each page is $0.03 and is automatically deducted from the balance. Color printing is available in the library, although the free printing allotment may not be used towards color printing. The cost for color printing is $0.50/page and is deducted from the current CatCard balance. Patrons without a CatCard may purchase a card at the Circulation Desk for $5.00.
- Copiers: Renne Library provides self-service, coin-operated photocopiers located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor lobbies and in the basement area, formerly known as Copy Service, which are available all hours the library is open. The self-service photocopiers will accept a MSU CatCard or cash.
- Scanners: Three scanner workstations are located in the AudioVisual Microform Reading Room in the library basement.
Wireless Access for Laptops
Wireless networking is available throughout the library. Visit ITC Wireless Network for information on connecting to the wireless network. For instructions on printing from your laptop please see Wireless Printing Instructions.