ADA Access & Services
Physical Access in the Buildings
Renne Library Facilities
- The entrance doors are accessible and powered.
- The public elevator is accessible to all floors and services.
- Public computers are available primarily on the first and second floors. The first floor includes one accessible computer.
- There is a ramp from the main level through Heathcote Court to first floor. The ramp is located to the left of and behind The Brewed Awakening coffee bar.
- A lift is available in the main lobby for access to the first floor and the Research Center.
- Restrooms are on the second and third floors and in the basement.
- Workshops and classes are held in the Library classroom is the basement. It is accessible via the elevator and has two accessible computers.
- Two manually adjustable tables with computers on the first floor.
- One manually adjustable table on the first floor at the top of the ramp.
- One motorized adjustable table on the first floor at the top of the ramp.
- For items we do not own: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) will obtain these for you from other libraries.
- MAGic Screen-Magnification Software: This will magnify computer screen content 1x to 16x it's original image size. This
is available in the following locations:
- 1st floor: Two computers near the Research Center
- All public computers are installed with the following Microsoft Accessibility software: Windows Magnifier, Narrator, On-screen keyboard.
- A book magnifier is located on the 4th Floor.
- The Research Center offers assistance in library research, citations, online searching, locating materials, and use of adaptive technology.
- Circulation (in Main Lobby) offers assistance in retrieving materials.
- Group Study Rooms are available for student use.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can get items from other libraries.
For more information about accessibility around campus, including a campus map, see Access for People with Disabilities.