Courses at the Montana State University (MSU) Library
Upcoming Credit-Bearing Courses - Spring 2022
- LSCI 121: Digital Information Literacy
- Three-credit undergraduate course covering library research concepts and skills
- LSCI 496: Applied Informatics
This course builds a bridge between the academic classroom and the professional workplace through service learning.
Previous Credit-Bearing Courses
- LSCI 291: Cultivating Curiosity
- Three-credit undergraduate course centering the “information gap” as the primary driver of curiosity, and challenging learners to develop an action plan to expand curiosity in themselves and in others.
- LSCI 437: Social Media Practices
- Three-credit undergraduate course exploring social media practices to build community and civic engagement.
- LSCI 491: Contemporary Approaches to Community Building Using Social Media
- Three-credit undergraduate course exploring social media community building and civic engagement.
- LSCI 491: Information Ethics and Privacy in the Age of Big Data
- Three-credit undergraduate course exploring ethics and privacy of information in our contemporary society.