Group Study Rooms
Renne Library has 11 rooms set aside for group study. All rooms are equipped with a PC and large screen monitor. Dry-erase boards are also provided. Group study rooms may be by groups of 2 or more.
To reserve a study room
- Click on Reserve a Group Study Room on the homepage of the Library's website.
- Click on the time slot you want to reserve.
- Login with your MSU credentials (D2L username/password or GID and library password).
- Enter a brief description (name or class) and click on submit.
- At the time of your reservation, proceed to the room. If the room is occupied, inform the group that you have a reservation at that time.
Study room policies
- Rooms may be reserved by groups of 2 or more for 2 hours each day.
- Reservations can be made up to 8 days in advance.
- Students, faculty, staff and the community may reserve the rooms on the 1st floor (1A-1F). Members of the public will need to go to the Circulation or Reference desk to have a reservation made for them.
- 3rd floor group study rooms (rooms 327-332) are reserved for student use only.
- When not reserved, Group Study Rooms are open on a first come, first served basis.
- Group Study Room users without a reservation must vacate the room when requested by a group with a valid reservation.
- Conversation should be held to a reasonable level, as rooms are not soundproof.
- Rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- The Library is not responsible for personal property left in rooms. Any personal items found will be placed in the library's lost and found.
- Report any damage immediately to the Circulation desk. If any damage is discovered after your use, you may be held responsible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Circulation desk.