Collection 2615 – Adriano Manocchia Papers, 1986-2016
Creator: Manocchia, Adriano
Provenance Note: An original painting, printed notecards, exhibition catalogs, and other materials
created or collected by Adriano Manocchia were donated to Montana State University
by him on June 6, 2016. Additional materials donated by Manocchia October 15, 2016;
November 30, 2016; January 24, 2017; May 9, 2017; July 2018; April 2019; and September
Historical Note: Adriano Manocchia, born in New York in 1951, began a career in photo-journalism while completing his BA degree for literature from Pace University in New York. Upon completion of college, he ran his own photo/film agency covering events for television and print media. Adriano began spending his free time painting in 1983. A year later he decided to undertake this new challenge full time. His work has been shown in galleries across the United States and Europe and appeared in several monographic and serial publications.
Content Description Note: The collection consists of one framed painting titled Flowing Water, Oil on Canvas, 201, 16 prints published by White Creek Images, photographs, a Yellowstone fishing cap owned by creator, and note cards and publications featuring the artist’s work.
1. Photographs #1-5
#1. Adriano with race car driver Mario Andretti
#2. Adriano with actress Betty White
#3. Adriano fishing 1996
#4. Adriano holding fish undated
#5. Adriano painting near unnamed river
2. Adriano Manocchia blank notecards
3. Gallery exhibit catalogs, copy of the periodical Sporting Classics June 2009, and copy of Ode to Bass and Trout: An Illustrated Treasury of the Best Angling Literature.
4. Publications Gray's Sporting Journal, American Angler, Fly Tyer, New York State Conservationist, De Nederlandse Vliegvisser
5. Artwork in Tying and Fishing Bucktails and Other Hair Wings
6. Fishing Licenses
* Yellowstone fishing cap
* Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum award 2010(Oversize) 16 prints published by White Creek Images; 2 Framed Oil Paintings; Etching
Updated: 2017 January 24